Waverley Borough Council Committee System - Committee Document
Meeting of the Community Overview and Scrutiny Committee held on 25/10/2005
Report from the Housing Special Interest Group - 19th October 2005
WAVERLEY BOROUGH COUNCIL
COMMUNITY OVERVIEW AND SCRUTINY COMMITTEE – 25TH OCTOBER 2005
EXECUTIVE – 25TH OCTOBER 2005
COUNCIL – 25TH OCTOBER 2005
REPORT FROM THE HOUSING SPECIAL INTEREST GROUP
19TH OCTOBER 2005
1. On 19th October 2005, the Housing SIG considered reports from officers in respect of
a. Stage 1 Formal Consultation Response
b. Pre-Ballot Stock Transfer Costs Budget Report
c. Stage 2 Consultation Notice
2. The formal responses were updated as at 17th October indicating 61% in favour, 15% not in favour and 24% don’t knows. The SIG also received information on homevisiting and tenants desire for double-glazed windows and doors to be undertaken as soon as possible.
3. The SIG concluded that it was appropriate to proceed to ballot and bring forward all double-glazing works for windows and doors to the first three years following transfer.
4. It is anticipated that this would achieve procurement efficiencies and minimise the amount of re-phasing of other works within the first five years.
5. The officers advised that the reports to the Community Overview and Scrutiny Committee and Executive would be updated on 21st October incorporating Stage 1 and Stage 2 reports to the SIG. Finally the SIG considered and agreed a draft ballot paper in accordance with ODPM guidelines.