· Support for village community; village shops, small businesses – help to expand, home working 5
· Support for small rural businesses i.e. accommodation for businesses such as blacksmiths
· Support for rural retailer, i.e. village shops help with actually running the business
· Lobby for village post offices 3
· Keep village support for shops, post offices and transport 2
· Ask Parish Councils what they would like help to do for themselves
· Good-communication between Parish/Towns on healthchecks/parish plans etc. – develop this 1
· Continue ‘saving’ village shops/pubs/other facilities.
· Encourage home working; reduce transport strain, increase small business start-up. 7
· Encourage Waverley’s home workers to offer volunteer support not for profit but for economically useful activities.
· Dunsfold Park – Communication with SEERA, SEEDA, GOSE for credits – if it does go ahead. 2
· Double outline proposal for work places and homes at Dunsfold Park
· Consider increasing Waverley resources to make a greater impact on increasing economic activity in the Borough also to speed up the process 1
· Develop a strong alternate for Iain Lynch (for when he has holidays/secondments) 1
· More investment in training courses for improvement of the management of small businesses 3
· Waverley should persuade “professionals” to offer pro bono or “cheap” mentoring and support to small/new business people
· Training in basic business skills – financial management and HR (law and good practice) especially
· Review of business rates to help start-ups?
· Retain key employers and encourage others to come to the area