Waverley Borough Council Committee System - Committee Document
Meeting of the Executive held on 02/08/2004
MINUTES of the SPECIAL MEETING of the EXECUTIVE
held on 2nd August 2004
(To be read in conjunction with the Agenda for the meeting)
Mr C C E Slyfield (Chairman)
Mr C H Mansell
Miss G B W Ferguson (Vice-Chairman)
Mr J E Robini
Mr M J D Allan
Mrs C E Savage
Mr S D Edge
Mr V K Scrivens
Mr B Grainger-Jones
Mr P D Harmer attended to speak on Agenda Items 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 and 14 (Minute Nos. 85, 86, 87, 88, 89 and 93).
(Agenda Item 1)
The Minutes of the Meeting held on 27th July 2004 were confirmed and signed.
APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE
(Agenda Item 2)
Apologies for absence were received from Mr S D Edge and Mr V K Scrivens.
DISCLOSURES OF INTEREST
(Agenda Item 3)
The following members of the Executive disclosed personal interests and remained in the Chamber during the debate:
Mrs C E Savage – Agenda Item 5 - Waverley Borough Council representative on the Cranleigh Initiative Forum
Mr C H Mansell - Agenda Item 13- Waverley Borough Council representative on the Management Committee of Farnham Youth Project
Mr J E Robini - Agenda Item 13- Waverley Borough Council representative on the Farnham Youth Project – Trustee
MARKET TOWN HEALTH CHECKS AND PARISH PLANS
(Agenda Item 5; Appendix A)
1. the work undertaken by the Cranleigh Initiative, the Haslemere Initiative, volunteers and the wider community in completing the first phase of the Market Town Healthchecks in Cranleigh and Haslemere be welcomed and endorsed and the Steering groups be congratulated on what they have achieved;
2. issues emerging from the Healthchecks and Parish Plans be used to help inform the development of Waverley’s Community Strategy and the work of the Local Strategic Partnership;
3. Parish and community Plans be listed as one of the funding priorities in Waverley’s Community Partnership Fund criteria;
4. the receipt of the two Market Town Awards for Cranleigh and Haslemere be welcomed; and
5. the Executive's thanks be conveyed to the Town Initiatives and volunteers in each community who have done so much to complete the initial phase of the Healthchecks.
IMPLEMENTING E-GOVERNMENT (IEG) 2004/05 - IEG CAPITAL GRANT AND PLANNING AND REGULATORY SERVICES ON-LINE (PARSOL)
(Agenda Item 6; Appendix B)
1. in anticipation of the receipt of the IEG Grant for 2004/05, your officers revisit the Council’s “Electronic Government for Customer Services” capital programme for 2004/05, recognising that it must invest the grant in the ODPM’s e-government outcomes for priority services to avoid any repayment of grant, and report back to the September meeting of the Executive;
2. the progress made on the PARSOL project be noted; and
3. a presentation of the new planning e-services be arranged for all members and that representatives of Town/Parish Councils and the County Council also be invited.
ENABLING AFFORDABLE HOUSING IN WAVERLEY
(Agenda Item 7; Appendix C)
1. the report be received;
2. the Executive notes that, with regard to the issues arising and challenges facing the Council as a Planning and Housing Authority, the Community Overview and Scrutiny Committee endorses the actions proposed in paragraph 22 a, b and c of the report and the Environment and Leisure Overview and Scrutiny Committee endorses the actions proposed in paragraph 22 d, e, f and g;
3. opportunities to provide non-subsidised affordable housing be fully explored with organisations with which the Council has not traditionally worked and that there might be presentations to members, if appropriate;
4. further work be undertaken to establish a policy for the use of commuted sums which can be used for supporting affordable housing in the Borough, mindful of the important capital finance regulations dimension; and
5. further reports be brought before members as matters require clarification or need resolution.
BEST VALUE AND LOCAL PERFORMANCE INDICATORS: REVIEW OF WAVERLEY'S PERFORMANCE IN 2003/04
(Agenda Item 8; Appendix D)
RESOLVED that the report and annexes thereto be received and noted.
LICENCE FOR ALTERATIONS AND EXTENSION - GUILDFORD RFC, BROADWATER PARK, GODALMING
(Agenda Item 9; Appendix E)
RESOLVED that landlord consent be given to the Rugby Club for the works of alteration and extension granted under planning permission WA/2003/2417.
EXTENSION TO CAR PARK, MILFORD AND VILLAGES DAY CENTRE, CHAPEL LANE, MILFORD
(Agenda Item 10; Appendix F)
RESOLVED that a lease, on terms and conditions set out in the (Exempt) Annexe to the report, be granted to the Milford and Villages Day Centre of the land shown hatched on the submitted plan, other terms and conditions to be agreed by the Property and Development Manager.
REPORT OF THE HOUSING OPTIONS APPRAISAL SIG
(Agenda Item 11; Appendix G)
RESOLVED that the report be received and noted.
REPORT OF THE MEMBER/TENANTS’ SIG
(Agenda Item 12; Appendix H)
RESOLVED that the report be received and noted.
A REVIEW OF SERVICES FOR YOUNG PEOPLE
(Agenda Item 13; Appendix I)
1. the objectives of the review, as presented in the report, be approved; and
2. a Special Interest Group be established, comprising seven Members and other co-opted individuals as considered necessary, to assist in undertaking the review.
WASTE REDUCTION STRATEGY - PROPOSED CHARGING REVISION FOR GARDEN WASTE
(Agenda Item 14; Appendix J)
1. garden waste sacks be made available for 10p each for the exclusive use of householders in receipt of statutory means-tested benefits, limited to 52 sacks per year; and
2. the effects and take-up of this reduced charge service be monitored and reported to the Executive prior to July 2005.
The meeting concluded at 6.15 p.m.