Waverley Borough Council Committee System - Committee Document
Meeting of the Western Area Development Control Sub Committee held on 25/02/2004
MINUTES of the MEETING of the WESTERN AREA DEVELOPMENT CONTROL SUB-COMMITTEE held on
25th February 2004
(To be read in conjunction with the agenda for the Meeting)
Mr V Duckett (Chairman)
Mrs P Hibbert
Mr W M Marshall (Vice-Chairman)
Mrs M V M Hunt
Captain P G Burden
Mrs S R Jacobs
Mrs C Cockburn
Mrs A E Mansell
Mr S D Edge
Dr P M Marriott
Miss G B W Ferguson
Ms M Taylor
Mrs P M Frost
Mr C H Mansell and Mr V K Scrivens attended as substitutes.
The Minutes of the Meeting held on 21st January 2004 were confirmed and signed.
APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE AND SUBSTITUTIONS
Apologies were received from Capt P G Burden, Mr S D Edge and Ms M Taylor. Mr C H Mansell and Mr V K Scrivens attended as substitutes.
DISCLOSURE OF INTERESTS
(Agenda Item 3)
Mrs A E Mansell declared a personal interest in respect of application WA03/1710 (Item 5.1 (ii)) as a Waverley representative on the Pavilion Housing Association. Mrs P M Frost also declared a personal interest in respect of application WA03/1710 as the site is in close proximity to her business premises. Each remained in the meeting and participated in the consideration of the respective items.
The Sub-Committee was advised, in view of the potential for member interests to be declared in respect of applications WA03/2330 and WA03/2455, and the likelihood of public perception of the close association of members if these items were considered by the Sub-Committee, that the matter could be referred straight to the Development Control Committee for consideration. It was then moved, seconded and,
RESOLVED that applications WA03/2330 and WA03/2455 be referred direct to the Development Control Committee for consideration.
APPLICATIONS FOR PLANNING PERMISSION
(Agenda Items 5.1 and 6)
RESOLVED that applications for planning permission, as set out in the Schedule attached, be determined as shown in column 3 thereof and that the decisions of the Director of Planning and Development, set out in Schedule C to the agenda, be noted.
LEGAL AGREEMENT – PRIDE OF THE VALLEY, JUMPS ROAD, CHURT, FARNHAM
(See also WA02/2450 in schedule attached)
RESOLVED that, subject to the making of an appropriate legal agreement, within 3 months, all costs, including the Council’s, to be borne by the applicant, to secure:-
1. The payment of an appropriate contribution towards the reinstatement of public footpath 40a within the land owned by the National Trust. (Land is owned by the National Trust and will probably be managed by Waverley who manage the rest of the NT’s land in this area).
2. Within two months of the reopening of the definitive route for footpath 40a, the permanent closure of the unauthorised footpath.
3. The removal from the site of the close boarded fences on either side of the footpath and the removal from the site of the limestone scalpings from the footpath.
4. A scheme to mitigate impacts on that part of the adjacent road verge which is designated as Site of Nature Conservation Importance.
5. Parking and toilet facilities shall be made available at the adjacent Price of the Valley Hotel, Jumps Road. In the event that the hotel ceases to be used as an hotel the sculpture park shall close.
permission be GRANTED for application WA02/2450.
PRESERVATION ORDER (NO 27/03) – TREES ON LAND AT PANNELLS, LOWER BOURNE, FARNHAM
(Agenda Item 7)
RESOLVED that, having considered an objection made to this proposal, Tree Preservation Order 27/03 applying to 13 individual trees and four groups of trees on land at Pannells, Lower Bourne, Farnham be confirmed without modification
(Agenda Item 8)
RESOLVED that the report be noted.
ENFORCEMENT ACTION – CURRENT SITUATION
(Agenda Item 9)
RESOLVED that the report be noted.
The meeting concluded at 8.55 pm