Waverley Borough Council Committee System - Committee Document
Meeting of the Executive held on 18/09/2001
Executive Committee held on 18th September 2001
MINUTES of the MEETING of the EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE
held on 18th September 2001
(To be read in conjunction with the agenda for the meeting)
Mr P D Harmer (Chairman)
Dr M-G Lane
Captain P G Burden (Vice-Chairman)
Mrs J M Mansley
Mrs P M Frost
Mr J R Sandy
Mr R J Gates
Mr D C Inman
Also present: Mr M W Byham, Mr C C E Slyfield and *Dr R A Thomas
*Dr Thomas spoke on Agenda Item 12.
The Minutes of the meeting held on 28th August 2001 were confirmed and signed.
APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE
There were no apologies for absence received.
RESIGNATION OF EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE MEMBER
The Executive Committee noted that Mr D J Munro, portfolio holder for town and village liaison and the voluntary sector, resigned effective from 29th August 2001. The Chairman advised the Committee that he had assumed the responsibilities for this portfolio with immediate effect.
It was the wish of the Committee that thanks be passed to Mr Munro for his service to the Executive Committee and that he be wished well in the new role he was undertaking at Surrey County Council.
DISCLOSURE OF PECUNIARY AND OTHER INTERESTS
There were no disclosures made under this heading.
EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE - FOUR MONTH ROLLING PROGRAMME
RESOLVED that the Four Month Rolling Programme of Key Decisions for Waverley Borough Council be adopted.
STATEMENT OF ACCOUNTS
RESOLVED that the Statement of Accounts for the financial year ended 31st March 2001 be approved.
DOCUMENT IMAGE PROCESSING FOR DEVELOPMENT CONTROL
RESOLVED that the expenditure of £20,250 for the purchase of hardware, software and services to implement Phase 1 of the proposed project be approved and that such expenditure be met from within the 2001/02 IT Capital Programme budget of £50,000 for Image Processing.
BLACKWATER VALLEY NETWORK: STUDY TO ASSIST IN OPTIMISING FUTURE ECONOMIC GROWTH
1. the work of the Blackwater Valley Network continue to be supported;
2. the Protocol for the management arrangements of the Blackwater Valley Study as set out in Annexe 1 to the report be endorsed; and
3. the Context and Terms of Reference for the Study as set out in Annexe 2 and Annexe 3 to the report be endorsed.
LOCAL GOVERNMENT ASSOCIATION - ANNUAL CONFERENCE
(Agenda Item 9)
RESOLVED that, as in previous years, the Leader of the Council (or reserve) and the Chief Executive attend the LGA Annual Conference and Annual Meeting of the General Assembly at Bournemouth from 3rd – 8th July 2002.
SURREY ECONOMIC PARTNERSHIP AND INTERMEDIARY BODY - APPOINTMENTS/NOMINATIONS 2001/2002
(Agenda Item 10)
RESOLVED that the Leader of the Council, Mr P D Harmer be Waverley’s appointed nominee for the position of the Intermediary Group for the distribution of Global Grant Funding to be submitted to the Surrey Local Government Association and no name be put forward in respect of the position of Surrey Economic Partnership nominee.
MONITORING OFFICER REPORT
1. the final report of the monitoring Officer in respect of Brightwell House and the decision to de-list be received; and
2. a report on the protocols and procedures which need to be put in place to ensure that the role of the Monitoring Officer and the framework within which she will be working is clear to members, be presented to the next meeting of the Executive Committee.
CALL-IN REPORT OF DEVELOPMENT CONTROL - WORKLOADS AND RESOURCES
1. the observations of the Environment Overview and Scrutiny Committee be noted;
2. Recommendation 3 be clarified to confirm that the
cost of overtime for all staff be £10,000; and
3. the previous decisions of the Executive Committee as set out in paragraph 21 of the report be reaffirmed.
ACTION TAKEN SINCE LAST MEETING
(Agenda Item 13)
RESOLVED that the report be noted.
The meeting concluded at 7.00 p.m.