Waverley Borough Council Committee System - Committee Document
Meeting of the Licensing and Regulatory Committee held on 21/02/2005
Minutes of the Meeting held on 21st February 2005
MINUTES of the MEETING of
the LICENSING AND
held on 21st February 2005
(To be read in conjunction with the Agenda for the Meeting)
Mr J M Savage (Chairman)
Mrs P Hibbert
Mrs J R Keen (Vice-Chairman)
Dr M-G Lane
Mr M J D Allan
Mrs A E Mansell
Mr L C Bate
Mr W M Marshall
Mr M J Blower
Mrs M Nyazai
Mrs E Cable
Mr A Rayner
Mr V Duckett
Mr J R Sandy
Mr R D Frost
(Agenda Item 1)
The Minutes of the Meeting held on 22nd November 2004 were confirmed and signed.
APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE AND SUBSTITUTES
(Agenda Item 2)
Apologies for absence were received from Mr M J D Allan, Mrs P Hibbert and Mrs M Nyazai.
DISCLOSURE OF INTERESTS
(Agenda Item 3)
There were no interests raised under this heading.
LICENSING ACT 2003 – PROPOSALS FOR DECISION MAKING ON LICENCE
RESOLVED to RECOMMEND to Council that
1. the terms of reference set out in Annexe 1 be adopted; and
2. the additions to the scheme of delegation set out in Annexe 2 be adopted.
1. five Licensing 2003 Sub-Committees and one reserve Licensing 2003 Sub-Committee be appointed consisting of three members each, and that the quorum for these Sub-Committees shall be three members, to meet on specified dates on the Thursday mornings provisionally reserved in the calendar of meetings;
2. officers be asked to submit draft procedure rules to a future meeting; and
3. the offer of tours for Members of town centres with the Police be accepted, and an invitation extended to the Police and Fire Brigade to attend the next meeting of the Committee.
REPORT OF THE MEETING OF THE LICENSING (GENERAL PURPOSES) SUB-
RESOLVED that the report be noted.
The meeting concluded at 7.27 p.m.