11. LEASE OF STORE AT FRENSHAM LITTLE POND (Agenda Item 12)
RESOLVED that Waverley takes a lease of 3 years from the National Trust of a former garage (shown hatched on the submitted plan) at Frensham Little Pond, at an annual rent of a peppercorn, Waverley paying the National Trust’s legal costs, other terms and conditions to be negotiated by the Property and Development Manager.
12. EASEMENT OF ACCESS TO 42 – 44 WEYDON LANE, FARNHAM (Agenda Item 13)
1. an easement of access and a licence for construction vehicles be granted to the Trustees of the Estate of Samuel Marshall on terms and conditions as set out in the (Exempt) Annexe to the report, other terms and conditions to be agreed by the Property and Development Manager; and
2. the capital receipt be applied to help fund the Council’s Decent Homes Capital Programme.
13. RE-APPOINTMENT OF SPECIAL INTEREST GROUPS (SIGs), HOUSING SHADOW BOARD AND EMPLOYERS NEGOTIATING TEAM (Agenda Item 14)
RESOLVED that the appointment of Members to serve on the above bodies in 2005/06 be approved, as set out in Annexe 1 to these Minutes.
14. APPOINTMENT OF REPRESENTATIVE ON SURREY LOCAL GOVERNMENT ASSOCIATION (SLGA) AND NOMINATIONS TO OTHER BODIES (Agenda Item 15)
1. Miss G B W Ferguson be appointed as the Council's representative on the SLGA in 2005/06 with Mrs C E Savage as reserve; and
2. the nominations for appointment by the SLGA to the external bodies listed be as follows:-
Three Year Term (2005-2008) Nominees
Surrey Historic Buildings Trust Mrs C E Savage
Surrey CC Health Scrutiny Select Mr A Rayner
Supporting People Commissioning Body Mrs A E Mansell
Three Year Term (expires December 2006)
Global Grants Intermediary Body Mr R J Gates
Advocacy Mediation Independent -
Countryside Access Forum Mr J M Savage
High Sheriff's Award tba
Management Committee of Victim tba
Surrey County Council Pension Fund - Investment tba
Surrey Economic Partnership Mrs C E Savage
Territorial Army Volunteer Reserve tba
3. the Chief Executive be authorised to agree any further nominations, after consultation with the Group Leaders.
15. APPOINTMENT OF REPRESENTATIVES ON OUTSIDE BODIES (Agenda Item 16)
15.1 Annual Waverley Appointments
(A schedule of names of the nominees provided by the Party Groups was tabled at the meeting.)
1. the appointment of Members to serve on outside bodies in 2005/06 be approved, as set out at Annexe 2 to these Minutes; and
2. the Chief Executive be authorised to agree any further appointments, after consultation with Group Leaders.
15.2 Surrey County Council Local Committee (Task Groups)
RESOLVED that the appointment of a Member(s) to serve on Surrey County Council Local Committee Task Groups be deferred.
16. CASH COLLECTION/WRITE OFFS (Agenda Item 17)
RESOLVED that the report be received and noted.
17. ACTION TAKEN SINCE LAST MEETING (Agenda Item 18)
RESOLVED that the action taken by the Chief Executive since the last meeting, as set out in the agenda, be noted.
18. OFFICE ACCOMMODATION AND RELATED MATTERS (Agenda Item 19)
(The comments of Staff Side representatives on this report were tabled at the meeting.)
1. the Chief Executive be asked to consider the proposals contained in the report, to explore other options for accommodating the extra staff in the Planning Department, and be authorised to finalise changes to office accommodation, after consultation with the Leader;
2. the Chief Executive consult with Staff Side and, if necessary, agree alternative temporary accommodation for staff, after consultation with the Leader;
3. the Chief Executive agree arrangements, if necessary, to compensate for the loss of any meeting rooms including:-
(a) making all meeting rooms within departmental office accommodation available for booking;
(b) as a short term measure, continuing with the renting arrangement of the room above the Godalming CAB until the expiry of the existing contract in November 2005; and
(c) reserving use of the Mayor's Parlour.
4. the proposal to create a new Committee Room in the Link Corridor, be not agreed; and
5. the consequential concerns about the additional pressures on staff car parking, which will be the subject of further consultation with Staff Side representatives, be noted.
19. DECENT HOMES DELIVERY – ASSET MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE (Agenda Item 21)
Part of the discussion on this item was held in open session and part in exempt (see Minute No. 23 below.)
20. EAST STREET, FARNHAM (Agenda Item 22) (See also Minute No 22 below)
The Executive agreed that
1. the general discussion on the latest position be held in open session;
2. as the works for which cost estimates were set out in the (Exempt) Annexe could be revealed to tenderers at some time in the future, this information should remain Exempt;
3. the officers should undertake to do further detailed work on several of the options in the report; and
4. the officers put as much as possible of all future reports in ‘open’.
21. EXCLUSION OF PRESS AND PUBLIC (Agenda Item 20)
RESOLVED that pursuant to Procedure Rule 20 and in accordance with Section 100A(4) of the Local Government Act 1972, the press and public be excluded from the meeting during consideration of the following items on the grounds that it is likely, in view of the nature of the proceedings, that if members of the public were present during those items there would be disclosure to them of exempt information (as defined by Section 100A of the Act) of the description specified in those paragraphs of Part 1 of Schedule 12A to the Act indicated:-
Minute No. 22
The amount of any expenditure proposed to be incurred by the authority under any particular contract for the acquisition of property or the supply of goods or services. (Paragraph 8)
Minute Nos. 22 and 23
Any terms proposed or to be proposed by or to the Authority in the course of negotiations for a contract for the acquisition or disposal of property or the supply of goods or services. (Paragraph 9)
22. EAST STREET, FARNHAM, REDEVELOPMENT (Agenda Item 22)
RESOLVED that the action authorised be as set out in the (Exempt) Annexe to these minutes.
23. DECENT HOMES DELIVERY – ASSET MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE (Agenda Item 23)
RESOLVED that the recommendations contained in (Exempt) Appendix J to the agenda be approved and adopted.
The meeting concluded at 9.27 pm.