Figure 1. Proposed Governance Structure for the Surrey Strategic Partnership
14. One of the key issues to be progressed further locally is how the work of the Waverley LSP should focus on these key themes and take forward any issues not prioritised at a county area level. This will be an item for discussion at the next Waverley LSP meeting.
15. The new Local Area Agreements are a potentially significant change. Waverley should play its part in effectively representing the needs of its communities through the Surrey Strategic partnership and the theme groups that will help deliver the agreed priorities for Surrey. This will be to ensure that priorities for Waverley communities are articulated and1 that any resources available to deliver Waverley’s priorities are secured wherever possible.
The Executive is asked to
1. endorse the set of priorities for the new LAA from those set out at Annexe 2;
2. confirm that the proposed governance arrangements including a place on the decision making Board for a Waverley representative is acceptable; and
3. ask officers to consider how the LAA priorities link to Waverley’s corporate plan priorities as being of strategic importance to Waverley and report back to the Executive in February.
Background Papers (CEx)
Letter and accompanying papers from the Leader of Surrey County Council dated 29 October 2007
Name: Iain Lynch Telephone: 01483 523203