The Committee received the views of the Joint Corporate and Community Overview and Scrutiny Committee on this proposal.
1. there is a need for affordable housing in Cranleigh to warrant pursuing this project further;
2. it is appropriate for the Council as Housing Authority to support New Downland Housing Association’s proposals in respect of land adjacent to Wyphurst Road, Cranleigh;
3. the financial and land transactions, in accordance with the proposed recommendation as set out in the (Exempt) Annexe to the agenda report, be approved, subject to planning permission being obtained;
4. the cost of any off-site works, which may be a requirement of the Planning Authority, be met by New Downland Housing Association; and
5. the remaining nine acres of land be leased or licensed for agricultural purposes, subject to appropriate legal safeguards in the best interests of the Council.
[Mr D C Inman and Mrs J M Mansley asked that their abstentions from voting on these resolutions be recorded].
201. A3 THURSLEY JUNCTION SLIP ROADS AND SIDE ROADS ORDERS (Appendix N)
1. subject to the deletion of all words between “SSSI” and “The Side Roads Order” in the third bullet point, the comments in paragraph 19 of the agenda report be endorsed as the views of this Council;
2. the Highways Agency be requested to review priority at the junction of the slip road off the A3 southbound carriageway with the French Lane link road; and
3. the Director of Planning and Development be authorised to respond to the Highways Agency in the light of any additional comments and/or amendments made by the Environment Overview and Scrutiny Committee on 14th November 2001, unless such amendments materially change the position.
202. HISTORIC BUILDINGS GRANT APPLICATION – BRICK WALL AND FRIEZE, LYTHE HILL PARK, HASLEMERE (Appendix O)
1. a grant of £1,500 be offered to the Lythe Hill Park Management Company for the preparation of a specification of works required to the gateway, wall and frieze at Lythe Hill Park, Haslemere, and the subsequent implementation of the necessary repairs, the cost to be met from the 2001/2002 Historic Buildings Grant budget; and
2. the grant be paid on completion of the work to the satisfaction of Waverley’s Historic Buildings Officer.
203. PLANNING SERVICES SPECIAL INTEREST GROUP (Appendix P)
RESOLVED that a Planning Services Special Interest Group be established to oversee and shadow the organisational changes currently the subject of a consultation process, and to consider other service issues as may be required in connection with the development of the Service Plan.
204. REPORT FROM GODALMING LEISURE NEEDS SPECIAL INTEREST GROUP (Appendix Q)
The Committee considered the proposals suggested by the Godalming Leisure Needs Special Interest Group in order to address Godalming’s Leisure Needs.
1. the draft master plan, including all options prepared by Parklife Ltd, be the basis for consultation with interested parties;
2. the outcome of those consultations be reported back to the Godalming Leisure Needs Special Interest Group by the end of November; and
3. officers report back to the SIG on the potential approach(es) for procuring any capital assets related to this project.
205. REPORT FROM MEMBER/TENANTS’ SPECIAL INTEREST GROUP (Appendix R)
The Committee received a report from the Member/Tenants’ Special Interest Group and RESOLVED that
1. in respect of the Waverley Tenant Participation Compact, tenders be invited from specialist consultants to prepare the Compact, building on the information which already exists, and involving the Tenants’ Panel in the preparation of and evaluation of such tenders; and
2. in respect of Council owned garages, the procedure outlined in paragraph B.10 of the agenda report for the management and planning for major works to garage areas be approved.
206. ACTION TAKEN SINCE LAST MEETING (Agenda Item 23)
There was no action to report under this heading.
207. HOUSING SERVICE: EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES MONITORING (Appendix S)
RESOLVED that the report on this matter be approved and adopted.
208. MONITORING REPORTS (Appendices T and U)
RESOLVED that reports on the following matters be received and noted:
(i) Mortgage Arrears (as at the end of the September quarter); and
(ii) Cash Collection and Write-Offs.
209. ADMINISTRATIVE SUPPORT FOR BUILDING CONTROL
[The Committee agreed to withdraw this agenda item at the meeting].
210. EXCLUSION OF PRESS AND PUBLIC
RESOLVED that pursuant to Standing Order 48(4) and in accordance with Section 100A(4) of the Local Government Act 1972, the press and public be excluded from the meeting during consideration of the following item on the grounds that it is likely, in view of the nature of the business to be transacted or the nature of the proceedings, that if members of the public were present during this item there would be disclosure to them of exempt information (as defined by Section 100I of the Act) of the description specified in paragraph 14) of Part I of Schedule 12A to the Act, viz:
Any action taken or to be taken in connection with the prevention, investigation or prosecution of crime.
211. SECURITY IN WAVERLEY CAR PARKS (Agenda Item 27)
RESOLVED that the recommendations (1-4) contained in the (Exempt) Annexe to these Minutes be approved and adopted.
The meeting concluded at 9.33 pm.